I would not say that I am a conscious separatist. I mention this as GF and I went to a B'day party for one of her long time friends recently. I was dragged along pouting and thinking of all the other things that I could be doing, but sometimes one must do things to humor the wife.
The Birthday party was for one half of a lesbian couple. Then there was GF and me....and then, there were...(gasp)....a bunch of straight people, AKA breeders and I think you can get the gist of the crowd we were with.
I really knew none of these people. The ones who brought their brats....um...excuse me, lovely and bright progeny....let the little crumb snatchers....ummmm, sweet pumpkins I mean, get into the hot tub on the outdoor deck.
I then spent an hour or so dodging the waves of water that the little shitheads....er...I mean...snickerdoodles....were pushing over the side of the hot tub and on to the deck.
Clutching my drink in hand and idly daydreaming, whilst puddle jumping, of all the fun I have ever had in hot tubs with the various GFs of my past. Current GF seemed to quite enjoy the game of dodge a big wave of water, then threaten to do something to the little MFers....er, I mean charming children, and then hold adult conversation with others until the next time the surf came up.
I mention this only because recently GF talked with the non-Birthday person of the lesbian couple who owned the house where we played ever so fun water park games in our street clothes. Apparently there was some conversation about how weird I acted that night and how I walked around clutching my purse and was not very sociable.
So...this then evolved into me telling GF about how I really don't have much use for straight people. I don't really hold anything against them other than my clothes getting wet from their devil spawn....ummmm....I mean adorable little cherubs.
Truly though they sat around and corrected their kids behavior which became a game I was surprised to find GF seemed to like to play. Then there was all the talk of the family vacations and talk of Vegas (never been) and just other who is playing golf with whom at the club and look how big so and so kids are getting...and on, and on, and on......
After I finished telling GF all of my reasons for not really enjoying myself in straight land she told me that those are pretty much the same things that her best friend says in almost the exact same words.
Great minds think alike I say. I do have a plan for the future however. Whenever GF mentions a straight people party that she would like me to attend with her I will be running to the bathroom. There I shall proceed to fill a bucket with water. I will then return to the area of GF and throw a few waves of water her way. Just as a friendly reminder that I just don't understand why she and her friend did not understand why I did not seem to be having a wonderful time at their Birthday party. Better yet perhaps I should go make a few phone calls towards an estimate of getting a hot tub installed at my own house. I guess if you can't beat them (the kids that is...but trust me I did think about it) then one must join them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment