Friday, January 22, 2010

Job Hate

People are so kind that they keep telling me positive things about my new job.

"Give it time."
"You'll get used to it."
"Change is hard."

Okay, nice things to say, but meanwhile I'm miserable.
To top things off for the first time since becoming a hopsital nurse I hurt my back at work.

Typically I don't pay a lot of attention to my paycheck, but I did notice where I was charged 1.5 hours of Personal Time Off (PTO) on the paycheck when I went to the ED to have my back checked out.
What kind of place charges you your personal/sick/vacation time to go to the ER for an injury that occured at the work place?
Apparently the place where I work.

So I questioned it, and got the answer that yes, I do have to use my PTO to be seen in the ER in the middle of my shift no less.
I find the contract on-line and a paragraph where it clearly states that an injured employee will continue to be paid, including any shift premiums if applicable, while they are gone due to an injury that occured at work.
If the employee is stuck in the ED past the end of their shift then the pay ceases, but hey, I'm Okay with that.

So I cut and paste that portion of the contract and email it to the Admin Assistants and both my Supervisor and Director. Suddenly no one is answering that email.
Makes me wonder how many people out there they have charged PTO for going to the ED and whooops, maybe that wasn't the correct thing to do.

Suddenly I'm feeling bitchy about the whole issue. I remember when I was working at a job in the mid-90s where I injured my back. As I recall they started paying my mileage to drive to and from my PT appts.
Suddenly I feel the urge to look into whether that applies in this case as well.
I don't get really angry very easy, but when I do...look the fuck out.
If I'm miserable I think the people who are causing the misery might as well pick up the clue phone and figure out that they pissed me off big time.

But hey, maybe that is just me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment