Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Hygiene

Talking about shaving the pits and the legs here.

In winter my skin is usually so dry that there is a bit of a hiatus in the shaving department.
That is usually no big deal in my world. I will be going to Florida shortly and might do some light maintenance then, but otherwise don't really care.

I got a surprise recently though.
In a few different arenas of my life.

I injured my back at work this past December.
I have been to the Occupational Health Services a few times. They gave me a lifting restiction that is essentially impossible to follow and do my work. The HCP (Health Care Provider...to cover MDs, DOs, PAs and NPs) tells me that it is up to my department to make sure that the lifting restriction is doable. Personally, I don't think my department gives a shit as they are chronically short staffed.

So...I digress. To get to the point here...I finally agree to go to some Physical Therapy (hereafter known as PT) aka...Pain and Torture (PT).

So I wander into my first PT appt carefree other than nervous and wondering about how much pain and torture I am about to be sujected to.
PT gives me a gown and tells me everything off except for my socks, underwear and bra. I resist the temptation to tell her that I have never had a woman come on to me so strongly....but I do amuse myself.
I then consider my rather jungly areas and that I am not wearing a pair of underpants that do the best job of covering all of my bits and parts. (TMI...I know).

During a post-appt review I realize that the legs don't look as bad as my over active mind had imagined. I was thinking King Kong, but it was more like hairless Chihuahua.

My pits were middlin'. The PT is originally from Europe so I assauge my qualms by thinking that I have always heard that in Europe women aren't nearly so uptight about the pit hair. Overall, I am sure she has seen more interesting things on bodies during her career so today I go back for my next appt.
Think that I might go perform a little pit maintenance now.

The other surprises an astute reader might be wondering about?
My left leg is a half inch longer than my right and I have scoliosis.
I'm a flippin' mess, but you already knew that didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment